Saturday, February 16, 2008

Thank you, Idyllhands!

Yesterday I checked my blog, only to find that Idyllhands had given me an award on her blog, Knitting Hands. Woohoo! Yesterday was a pretty cruddy day, between my daughter's mini stomach bug and my own budding cold, so Erin's compliment totally lifted my spirits. Thank you!!!!

As part of the award, it's now my turn to call out five of my own choices for good blog reads. So, here goes:


What Can I Say? by Stacie Hooder. Stacie is a fellow ya-ya and, to put it mildly, a goddess. Her creativity knows no bounds, and her workmanship is meticulous. Be sure to read her post about her butterfly egg for Eggshibition. My jaw hit the floor.

DiamondMeenah Creations - Follow along in Julie Anne's serialized fictional stories about her intrepid birds. Be sure to also check out her line of hand sewn aprons on Etsy!

Rouge Picote Noir's blog - I got to know Melanie first through a feature on her blog, and then we traded items from our Etsy shops. The necklace she sent me is fanTABulous! She has an amazing way with color.

This Old Henhouse - Amanda stumbled on to my blog one night looking for some recipes, which led me to her blog that chronicles her love for paper and jewelry making. A girl after my own heart!
JunqueRethunque - a collaboration between Punkinhead (Idyllhand's sister) and Rimdweller (their mother). Read about their adventures in flea markets and how they repurpose items that have been cast aside by others into little works of art.

Oh, and be sure to check out Denise's list of honorees as well!

And since no contest is complete without the fine print, here are the rules of the blog award:

--Blog awardees should mention their name of their awarder (that's me) on their own blog, along with a link.

--Blog awardees should then honor five other blogs by giving them the award.

Let the blog awards go forth and multiply!

4 comments:

Denise Felton said...

You gave the rules a technical edit! I'm still repeating your observation that we're "recovering technical writers." *snort laughing*

Julie Anne of Diamondmeenuh Creations said...

Thank you Anne! I had fun this morning awarding 5 other blogs.

Junque Rethunque said...

Oh man, now do I have to find some MORE blogs to gush about!? It took me three hours tonight just to post four items in my shop! What with the boy pooping in his pants (and the hubby who couldn't deal with it without help) and the dinner to make, and the dinner to clean up, and the laundry, and the Serious Discussion with the teenaged daughter...

Sheesh. Do I have TIME to have hobbies???!!! :)

Junque Rethunque said...

How rude. I didn't say THANK YOU!!!