Thursday, February 28, 2008

Back from the abyss...

I've been a bit absent these past few days. Or maybe it's been a whole entire week, I don't know. Anyways, I haven't forgotten about you or my blog. I've been putting all of my free time into completing a large custom order for my Etsy shop - which I finished tonight. WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

This was the largest order I have completed to date, so it felt like a major accomplishment when I threaded the last bit of thread through the last hole. The girl I made these for has been an absolute joy to work with. Supportive, friendly, understanding, aboslutely a dream.


I spent a lot of time on assembly-line production on this project, which meant that I watched many, many episodes of American Justice (my secret crafting shame). It also allowed my mind to wander and play around with ideas while my hands were busy cutting and gluing and poking. When I needed a break, I took a few minutes here and there to try out some of my ideas. These means that I've got a few new designs to play with and few new items to list in my shop. I'll be adding these in the next few days.

3 comments:

Denise Felton said...

OMG, they're so gorgeous! What a lucky, smart bride.

idyll hands said...

What lovely bookmarks! I need to get married so I can do some favor shopping on Etsy.

Oh Mandie said...

ooooh gorgeous!