Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tutorial: Deli meat & cheese mini-kabobs

Today I included these meat & cheese mini-kabobs in Liv's bento lunchbox. These are super easy to make, so I thought I'd create a little tutorial showing how to it. I used mozarella and roast beef, but you can use any deli-style meat and cheese.



Here's how I did it:

1. I started with two slices of roast beef and two sticks of mozarella approx 1/2 inch thick.



2. I folded the slices of roast beef in half lengthwise. This made them the same height as the cheese sticks. Depending on the size of your meat slices and length of your cheese sticks you may need to fold more or less.



3. Place the cheese sticks on top of the sliced roast beef and roll up.




4. Cut across the rolled up meat & cheese.



5. Now you've got a lot of little meat-wrapped cheese squares.



6. Just stab them on some pretty toothpicks and put them in the lunchbox! Less than 3 minutes start to finish.



This was the first time I've made these for her, so I'll have to wait until school is over to gauge her reaction. I made some for myself for lunch, though, and they've got my seal of approval.

Toodles,

5 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Oh, the possibilities! But you'd have to have really rockin toothpicks to get the full effect. Where did you find those little gems?

Unknown said...

CUTE! I'm such a lover of bento boxes! My girls are going be stuck with them, once they start school... but I don't think they'll mind because they awesome!

Anne said...

Denise - you can get the rockin' toothpicks at Hobby Lobby (and maybe Michael's as well) in the cake decorating section. The swirlies at the end are made to hold a little note.

urban craft said...

I'm all about bento boxes these days. These would be perfect for it.

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

meat and cheese, yum!