Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Make your own stamps - an update

A couple of weeks ago I subscribed to a thread on Splitcoast about a little contraption called the Stamp Critter that apparently lets you make your own photopolymer clear stamps. Well, someone on the thread bought one of these puppies and posted a photo tutorial on their blog, showing how it all works.

From what I can tell, it looks like this machine has two basic conveniences over the more labor intensive DIY process that I linked to in my previous post on this subject. First, it provides a light source that sits directly above the polymer & image and provides even distribution of that light. Second, it looks like the polymer stuff comes in a little baggie, which takes the place of having to build little dams out of craft sticks and pouring the polymer in.

1 comment:

Denise Felton said...

We really need to check into this. Making our own stamps would eliminate the issue of using copyrighted images. I've carved a few; but I think we'd get much better results (considering my personal skill level) with the polymer technique.