Sunday, February 21, 2010

$2 Sweater awesomeness

Several weeks ago I hit a rummage sale and grabbed up a fair-isle style cardigan for $2. It was too big, but a 10-minute fix had it fitting me like it was made for me. Technically, I guess it was kinda made for me...

I didn't take a "before" pic because there really wasn't that much of a change. Too large to just right.



What you can't see from the picture is that the sweater is soft and fuzzy - mostly angora with lambswool. And scattered in the pattern around the neck are little sparkly crystals.

And the silly photo.



Always at least one silly photo. Partly because I'm basically a silly person at heart. But mainly because when a 6-year-old is taking pictures of you, there's really no way to get a particularly flattering shot - best go for outright silly and then at least you're looking funny on purpose.



Toodles,

3 comments:

goodwillgirl said...

You just can't have too many cardigans. Especially sparkly ones!

Denise Felton said...

Oooooooooo. Beautiful!

Becca said...

Anne,

Thanks so much for linking me! I have the best readers who area always helping my site to grow!

totally cute Sweater and what a find!