Friday, May 30, 2008

Look what came in the mail today!!!

What did Fed Ex bring for me today??? A story in pictures...











Yep, a mondo roll of foam tape!!!


36 yards of 1-inch wide, 1/16 tall double-sided foam tape. I did the math, and that's the equivalent of a jillion (technical term) foam dots from the craft store. Granted, I don't believe this is acid free, but for cards it doesn't matter.


I've been going through the double-sided adhesive foam dots like water lately. Denise was so kind to share some of her foam tape with me the other night, and I quickly realized how much more cost-effective this is. It's the same stuff, I just have to cut it into little squares myself. Big whoop. Based on my rough calculations, this is enough foam tape for me to mount 1748 playing cards down to greeting cards.

To give you an idea of how big the roll is, here it is on top of a dinner plate. I offset it a few inches because the roll is actually slightly bigger than the plate.







By the way, did you get a load of the packaging??? Methinks the over-the-top packaging might have had something to do with the $10 shipping charge. They SERIOUSLY put the foam tape into a huge box and the cushioned it with these huge styrofoam pieces. This isn't electronics, it's FOAM TAPE... I have no idea why they didn't just stick this puppy in a large padded envelope.

Ironically, there were a few dents in the tape from being wedged inside styrofoam. Hehehe....


I finished my granny's purse today, along with a few little extras. I'll post it tomorrow so I can photo it all in good light.

5 comments:

Janna said...

Wow! That's seriously a lot of foam tape! I'm impressed!

Oh Mandie said...

Oh that would be fabulous for scrapbooking :-)

and frisbee!

Denise Felton said...

That's the biggest honkin roll of tape I ever saw. It makes me...a little...sweaty...

idyll hands said...

Hey - that's a bit much as far as foam tape goes. Really, a bit much :)

And I don't need to know about the tape that makes Denise sweaty - get a room!!!

Unknown said...

Hoooooray for foam tape. LOL, I seriously love great savings like that. But that packaging ticks me off. How unnecessary and wasteful!