Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Writing practice

Not mine, the little girl's.

She brought this to me yesterday and proudly told me that she wanted to practice writing so she copied some words out of her Garfield comic book.



I'm keeping this forever.



On a totally unrelated topic, I was finally able to pitch these shoes into the trash this morning.


What's wrong with them, you ask? Well, let's just turn them over and have a look-see at their soles.
Umm.... yeah, those are HOLES in the bottom of the shoes. I now have a new pair that looks suspiciously the same from the top, but no worn out holey soles. And some pretty dressy shoes, and some very warm brown suede numbers that are super warm, super comfy, have a full heel, and - get this - FUR LINED even. Yay!

Toodles,

5 comments:

T.Allen said...

I love her writing-so sweet! As for the shoes, if only pretty, new shoes felt like raggedy, sideways leaning, comfy, old shoes life would be gravy!

Denise Felton said...

ROWRRR!

Did I ever tell you...At Liv's age, I wanted so badly to write. I could make my letters and understood that a series of letters would make a word. I'd write random combinations on my little slate and ask my mom, "Is this a word?" Finally, I wrote something that made her laugh. "Is it a word?" I said. "Well," she said, "if you ad an O to the end of it, it will say 'hello.'"

Yup. My first written word. Hell.

Lisa_in_AR said...

Some days "Rowrrr" is a good word to know! Love that!
Denise, we should have known. I think Kimberly's first word may have looked like "firetruck" without some of those pesky middle letters. Hee hee.

Unknown said...

ARRRRGHHHH!

That is the sound most frequently made in my household. :)

Liv is so cute!!

dogwood said...

So cute! I love this age.. love it!!