Saturday, December 20, 2008

An ambitious undertaking

Remember when I vowed not to make myself crazy this holiday season? Well, Christmas is nearly here and I have -once again- bitten off more than I can chew. This time, though, it wasn't the birthday party or the Halloween costume or Thanksgiving.

It's from this:



This pillow is part of a larger custom job I've taken on. My client (ooh, I love saying that - it sounds so PROFESSIONAL!!) wants a set of 6 pillows made from her father's old ties. She's going to give one to each family member on Christmas morning. The one pictured above is the one I had to get done early so she could ship it to her brother. The remaining five need to be done before Christmas Eve.
This project, along with the end of the semester (which was last week - WOOHOO!) and my new gig as Sewing Editor at Craft Gossip has turned me into a crazy woman the last few weeks. The good news is that I'm over half way through with the large pillow order, I posted my grades last week (WOOHOO!), and our Christmas shopping is all done.


Sewing machine is beckoning. Toodles,

4 comments:

Lisa_in_AR said...

Wow! That is so cool, Anne. The pillows look great! Nice job!

Junque Rethunque said...

Okay, you've convinced me that ties CAN be great craft supplies! To this point I had not seen anything that made me believe it. Congratulations! Now I have to add them to my thrift store shopping list - curses!!

And congrats on the Craft Gossip gig too - didn't know! (I'm horribly out of the loop on the Yayas and Aretsy side of things... ugh)

Denise Felton said...

Those are so freakin gorgeous. Everyone's going to want some! You'll be rich!

Anonymous said...

Oh my those are gorgeous! What a lovely idea for the family. Great job.