Monday, December 8, 2008

AREtsy swap - check!

Simply Stacy Jewelry - if you're reading this hide your eyes!!!




This time two days ago I was thoroughly convinced I'd be the last AREtsian to finish her swap. But a conversation with my good friend Denise and a hot and bothered evening with my sewing machine, and I've now completed my swap present. YAY!!!!

I'm posting it here cause I'm just gosh-darn-it proud of it and I don't think my swap partner reads my blog. I'm hoping she doesn't.



In case you're wondering what this fabric wallet looking thing is, it's a notepad cover. Inside there's a 4x6 notepad and a pen. The black line thingie across is the elastic that holds it closed.



I love this so much that I'm already planning to make one for myself, and my mother, and my sister, and my mother-in-law. Christmas, anyone? I'm thinking this will also make a good addition to my Etsy shop, though I'm thinking they won't make it there until after Christmas.
Later,

8 comments:

dogwood said...

Oooh, lucky lucky gal! You should be proud.

Scarlett Burroughs said...

I love it, especially the quilting on the front. Interesting color combination too. Nice work!

Denise Felton said...

As gorgeous as this is in the photo, it's even more excellent in person. I love the fringe-y raw-edge applique. And, gosh, that elastic idea is brilliant! :)

idyll hands said...

This is great! What a lucky girl your recipient is to receive this.

Unknown said...

That is so fantastic!!! I'm jealous :)

T.Allen said...

Very nice!

Junque Rethunque said...

oooh, put me on that list of "making one for..." :)

No, you are not the last... I am the last. My getter is going to figure out soon that I'm the giver!

Hobocamp Crafts said...

just gorgeous! Thank you for such kind words- it made my day.