Yikes! Erin, Miss IdyllHands herself, tagged me. I've already fulfilled the first part of the assignment by mentioning the name of the person who tagged me. Now I'm supposed to tell you 6 random facts about myself.
1. One of my favorite breakfasts is an Asiago Cheese Bagel from Panera Bread. Toasted with cream cheese. Another all-time favorite is a chocolate-filled croissant. Mmmmmmm.....
2. I've become addicted Kakuro puzzles. They're kind of like Sudoku but I find them more challenging because you have to do math to figure out which number goes where. Like Sudoku, you use the numbers 1-9 and you can't repeat a number in a grouping. I now know that the numbers 1-9 add up to 45, the only four-number combination that adds up to 10 is 1-2-3-4, and if you have a three-number combo that has to add up to 20 no one number can be less than three. I'm supposing that one day these particular facts will come in handy.
3. I have some kind of bizarre-o autoimmune condition wherein stress and/or too much physical activity cause my feet break out in hives. It's called pressure urticaria, and the hives are actually on a lower layer of skin which makes them less rash-like and more just swollen and painful. Once it flares up, it can actually continue for weeks or months. It took years to figure out exactly what it was, though once I read this article I considered myself lucky. Seems other people can have this happen to their hands or their buttocks.
4. When I was in junior high, I played the baritone horn in band for two years. I was also a huge geek, big surprise there, and the kids called me "Tuba Girl."
5. I teach a writing course online at the local university. Nothing super exciting about that, but the $$ does buy all the groceries. Cause at our house we've kind of grown accustomed to a little thing called eating.
6. I drive a mini-van. That totally cracks me up about myself. It totally cracked all my friends up when I bought it, too. They all threatened to put soccer ball stickers on my van. It quit being funny after the 5th person said it. In my defense, we got it at deep discount after a tornado hit the car lot. And you can haul a lotta crap in there if you take out the back seats.
Youch. That was hard. Now the last part is that I'm supposed to tag 6 other people, except that Denise and Erin have already tagged most everybody I know to tag. I mean, I could think of a couple but then the list would be imcomplete and the OCD side of me just wouldn't have that. I guess this means that I'm just gonna ignore that part of the assignment? The rebel side of me says, "Hell Yeah!"