OMG I've been tagged! Wait a minute, I've been tagged again! I was tagged first by Pink Penguin, then by Joanie at Ninimakes. I think this is the first time in my life I've ever felt popular. :)
So... 6 unimportant facts about myself:
1. We live in the house where my husband grew up. He's never moved out. When we got married, I moved in and that was that. So the steps to our basement have my husband's little handprints from when he was a boy. First thing we painted? The bedroom. Yep, had to lose the ick factor.
2. I don't like watching movies I've already seen. For me, the first time is all about the illusion of a complete story, and the second time through I see start seeing the mechanics more, seeing how they made it appear that they've told more than they have, seeing the places where the plot doesn't hang as smoothly together as I had first thought. And I don't like watching movies with someone who has already seen the flick. I think it's a power thing, like they have the upper hand because they know what's coming next and I don't.
3. I'm a cat person. Always have been. I'm actually a little bit scared of dogs and think that dog slobber is a little bit of disgusting. When I was a kid, we had one cat after another. With the exception of our first cat, Cyrus, all of our cats were named with this format: [adjective] kitty. As in, Mama Kitty, Baby Kitty, Girl Kitty, Boy Kitty, White Kitty. My sister and I could never agree on a real name and my mother is apparently not very imaginative with cat names.
4. I want to be my sister when I grow up. She's so kind and her heart is so huge. She's quick with a helping hand, and always slow to judge. She knows that the path that's best for her is not the typical way, and she's got the independence and the wisdom to follow that path wherever it takes her. She's artistic and a free spirit, and yet so grounded and so real.
5. I love jigsaw puzzles and murder mysteries. Geeky, I know.
6. I used to be really super nearsighted, but I had surgery about 7 years ago and now I don't need glasses at all. Before the surgery, my glasses were like coke bottle lenses. I think my prescriptions were -8.75 and -9.25. I have no idea what that equals in the 20/20 realm, but it's pretty darned huge. When I had the surgery, they propped my eyelids open while the laser did it's thing and I felt like Agent Mulder when he was kidnapped by aliens or the government or whoever it was that took him. Remember those scenes from the X-Files when he's all strapped down to a table and there's this light shining on him?
And now it's my turn to tag: Denise, Idyllhands, Punkinhead, Elegant Bloggery, This Old Henhouse, Janna, Nataki, Stacie. I know that's more than I'm supposed to, but I figure not everyone will play.