Monday, April 7, 2008

What am I going to do with myself?

Starting today, I'm on vacation. I'm not going anywhere, though, I'm staying right here in my house. Tony and Olivia left this morning to spend a week in Wisconsin with his sister and her family. Goshdarnit, I just had too much school stuff going on to make the trip. So I'm having to stay here in my house all by myself for 7 days. Life really is tough sometimes. :)

The last time they went on a trip like this, I made the mistake of inviting the help of my mother in repainting our bedroom. My mother, bless her heart, thinks every minute of every waking day should be spent doing something productive. So she was over here every day at 7:30 in the morning, and I'd have to kick her out at 8:00 that evening. Not much of a vacation, though we did get the room painted and redecorated.

This time, I've made a point of not making ANY plans. No home improvement projects, no nights out with the girls, nothing. Just me and my jammies and my studio.

So, what are my goals for this week?

1. Go at least 24 hours without leaving the house.
2. Eat cheese dip for dinner at least three times.
3. Spend at least 4 hours of each day in my studio.
4. Make at least 3 projects from my idea journal, and make multiples of them.
5. Post one blog entry per day.

Sounds doable. I think I'll mosey on down the hall to my studio and see what trouble I can find.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are in for a real relaxing time... I envy you!
Enjoy :)

Denise Felton said...

I admire your goals, and I want to emulate them. Since my vacation is over, I may try to combine some. Say--eat cheese dip in my pajamas in my studio...

Oh Mandie said...

Oooooh I'm seething with jelousy!

I vote you also eat ice cream right out of the carton while plopped down on your couch watching television in your underwear!

ScrapbookDBA said...

Sounds like a perfect week! I can't wait to see what your creative mind comes up with ...

Kimberly

idyll hands said...

Where's today's blog entry? Tsk tsk tsk.

What are you doing over there? Relaxing or something! :)