Monday, December 10, 2007

New Blog Feature

I'm so excited about my new blog feature! I thought it would be fun to feature a word of the day and then items from Etsy that somehow match the meaning or tone of the word. I'll take the word from Dictionary.com's word for the day.

There's so much stuff on Etsy that it can be overwhelming, and I find myself sticking to the same categories or themes. My hope is that this will take me out of my Etsy comfort zone and discover the wide range of artistic ability and interpretation that is out there.

So, without further ado, our word for the day is:

perspicacity \pur-spuh-KAS-uh-tee\, noun: Clearness of understanding or insight; penetration, discernment. (http://www.dictionary.com/)

Actually, that's the word of the day from yesterday; it's just taken me 24 hours to put this entry together, what with the end of the semester and all.

My initial thoughts on this word were things that were clear or transparent, something with a clean look. This wall sculpture totally fit the bill, with the added bonus of a lightbulb image which fits with the idea of insight.


Then, I thought about enlightenment which brought me to this pendant. The connection to the word is pretty obvious. I also felt the clean, simple lines of this pendant were in keeping with today's word.

Finally, this ring has such clean, clear lines and the circle element seemed fitting.


So, what items do YOU think match our word?

5 comments:

Denise Felton said...

LOVE this idea. For the penetration aspect:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=8074818

Anne said...

Oooh, Denise, I like! But please tell me you didn't search on "penetration"!

Denise Felton said...

heh heh heh

dyzart -- just call me deb said...

Oh I LOVE this idea! Great Blog - the booger cracked me up
Going to look on etsy for something to add

idyll hands said...

I really love this idea and can't wait to follow it. If my brain was not so tired, I'd try and find something to add to the list for this word.