Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Gonna make a dolly quilt

I saw this post on Sew, Mama, Sew! about a doll quilt sew-along and immediately wanted to make one, too. So I showed the post to Liv and explained what a sew-along was and she asked me, wide-eyed, "Can we make one, too?" Oh girl, I love how you take the bait!

Of course, I follow it up with the fact that she'd have to use fabric from her own stash to make the quilt. "Or, we could make it with part my fabric and part your fabric" she countered. My little hoarder.

I found some old dogs in the stash bin (that's what we call the ugly fabrics - dogs) that matched one of her fabric pieces. I laid them out for her and she immediately starts showing me with her hands where we need to cut the pieces to alter the pattern from straight square blocks to squares and rectangles. I love the way her brain works!

Today, I wash the fabrics and then we'll cut them into rectangles and squares. I think this is gonna be fun.

Toodles,

5 comments:

Denise Felton said...

Yes, yes, yes! Rock on, casserole and potpie! And post photos!!!!

Junque Rethunque said...

no teaser photos of the fabric chosen??? you're mean.

Janna said...

Love the collaboration between you two! She's already an artist at such a young age. She's so lucky to have you for a momma...someone who will encourage her and let her create whatever she can dream up!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the outcome! I've been wanting to try a little quilt for the premature baby quilt project (the quilts aren't premature, the babies are.) I'll probably be coming to you for tips as I'm complete novice. :)

Unknown said...

Haha, I love that she hoards fabric. Such a clever little girl!!