My little girl does not want for cute little dresses. My mother makes sure of that. Little girl has all manner of pretty church dresses, cute school dresses, and practical play dresses hanging in her closet. And yet, when my dear friend Scarlett "destashed" a yard of Alexander Henry apple & pear fabric, I knew that my little girl NEEDED another dress.
I followed Simplity 3510, but I changed a few things up - you knew I couldn't just follow directions! Instead of making the top self-faced, I used bias-binding to edge it off. Here's some detail:
I don't know if the picture shows it, but the bias tape is actually a red and maroon polka dot number. (BTW, I found out that you can get 6 YARDS of 3/8" double-fold bias tape from one fat quarter!!!) The big wooden buttons came from my button stash. Only had to keep them around for 5 years before I found the perfect use for them!
And here's a close-up of the pocket. It's got pinched pleat in the front, and instead of the top facing the pattern called for, I just used bias binding again.