This is going to be a quick post. I'm now in Williamsburg, VA on the first night of our vacation. I'm STILL working on this quilt. I have no idea why I thought this would be a simple little project. Yeah, I do, actually. I had planned on just a quick throw-together kind of project, but once I saw little girl's design I fell in love with it and had to take the time to do it right.
Anyway, I got the quilt finished to the point of binding it and tying off the thread ends and burying them in the sandwich. There are about a jillion threads to bury, but the real problem is that I kinda screwed up on the binding thing. As in, really screwed up.
I had planned on self-binding it, with the quilt batting and the backing cut 5/8" bigger than the front. All I would need to do is fold it all over and whipstitch it into place. Except.
Except that I decided at the last minute to go this route. So many of my quilting lines go past the 5/8" from the edge. Which means that the stitching lines will show when I wrap the back to the front. Doable, though. Call it a design feature and act like I did it on purpose.
Except when I was trimming the batting and backing, I ended up cutting through all the thread ends that hung over the edge of the quilt. So now my thread ends are all only 1" long at the edge of the quilt, so it's gonna be a pain in the ass to get these all to the underside of the quilt. My darling husband has offered to help. He saw me the anguish and failure on my face when I made my discovery and quickly came up with a workaround.
No pictures yet. I want to wait till it's all done for a grand reveal.
And this has been a longer post than planned. Dear husband says I have not yet drunk enough wine, so I guess that means I'm logging off. I'll post when I have a finished quilt top.