Sunday, October 21, 2007

I'm feeling like a goddess

I'm feeling a little bit like a goddess after reading Denise's article about me on her blog. Thank you, Denise, for such kind, inspiring words! I felt my butt growing smaller and smaller with each sentence.

(Denise and I have a joke about how Etsy is like an artist's version of "Does this dress make my butt look big?" meaning that posting your stuff out to a group of artists can simultaneously bring out your vulnerabilities and provide the validation that you really do have something worthwile to offer.)

Check out Denise's Etsy shop! She makes the most marvelous collages where she pairs vintage photographs with snippets from old books. Then she writes a story to explain the scenario that brings together all of the elements of the collage. I'm totally not doing it justice. You just need to see it all for yourself!

I don't have much else to post tonight. I've been knee-deep in Lycra for the last couple of days while I've been working on my daughter's Halloween costume. Olivia is going to be Elvis this year! I had no idea that it would be this difficult to make. First, I couldn't find a pattern. Then, no fabric that was both stretchy and shiny white. Once I had the fabric and pattern in hand, I had to alter the pattern to fit my tall, thin little girl. I'm finished with the basic jumpsuit, now I have to make the cape and put jewels all over both pieces.

Check out the picture we found when we were looking for examples of Elvis' capes. I'm not sure how one would go about making one of these!

1 comment:

Denise Felton said...

Talk about an Elvis obsession. It's like the Elvis crop circle!!!

Thanks for the referral from your blog, Annie. My butt is really cuter today!

Can't WAIT to see the Elvis jumpsuit.